Sunday, April 20, 2014

 

Sorting, sorting and more sorting... finding a few more treasures as well.

 What can I say...  Buttons and yet more Buttons! 

The buttons in the bowl on the right are mine but the buttons in the bowl on the left are my late Aunt Anne's and they are many many years older than mine... some fascinating buttons in there that's for sure. 

These two bowls and I don't know how many more there were, belonged to Rip'n'Rosie, they were Wedding presents.  My parents married in 1944 so shops were short of all sorts of things, especially gifts, but just before the Wedding Day,  a shipment of cut glass bowls arrived at David Jones...  so the guests bought bowls, and bowls and bowls...

 A few surprising finds in the button box... Air Force buttons, suspenders, a 1922 Penny coin, a 1951 Halfpenny coin and a 1973 1cent coin... plus a 2001 Census badge?

 I wonder how old and where these came from??   I just looked them up on Google. 
They are WW2 RAAF Air Force Buttons.

 Maybe Anne or Tony delivered and collected the Census forms?

 An old undated Arnott's Biscuit Tin to add to my collection  :-) 

 Old weird stuff...

 And a nice little tin... I wonder what this once held?


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?