Friday, April 25, 2014

 

I've been adding to my MacFamilyTree a fair bit lately and today, being a Remembering Day I thought I'd post this on FaceBook as many of my friends have been doing of their relatives... here it is for those friends of mine that aren't on FB

So many photos up on FB of WW1 and WW2 Soldiers, it's really lovely seeing them all, even if it is through the odd tear or two and of course my family was represented in both Wars as well. Here are four that I knew well and loved well, they were the most gentle, fun loving, hard working and generous men... as a young child I never knew of the horrors they had seen and I certainly never guessed until days such as these days.  Anzac Day, a day of Remembering.
#1 Major Brent Burnell Rodd, my Great Uncle, served in France WW1.
#2 Driver Clements Ripley Rodd, my paternal Grandfather, young brother to Brent, served in France.
#3 Gunner Harrie Cleveland Cobcroft, my maternal Grandfather served in France WW1 awarded Military Medal and a Bar.
#4 Lt Ripley Clements Rodd, my Dad, served at El Alemein during WW2.  

I've been remembering them and thinking of them a lot today and many other family members who represented their country from the Boer War as well as WW1 and WW2.

Lest We Forget.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?