Wednesday, March 26, 2014

 

This is a little embarrassing...

 There I was just cleaning up my buttons, actually I was looking for some particular buttons... when I found...   (See I even have a little button label telling me what they are  :-)

These... What are they? you may well ask.   These are the thingies that go on the upper arm of your khaki shirt if you are in the School Cadets... do they still have School Cadets?  (just did a Google, yes they do)  Anyway... Dad looked after these Schools and more before he retired from the Army... so I know where I got these...

 And I know where I got most of these badges but when I sorted through them I discovered I had still these below...

Now I know these are School Badges, I know if a boy fancied you he would give you his badge and I know I got the Kings School badge from Andrew Crisp who was the cousin of my cousin from Wollogorang and we saw a fair bit of each other when I was at Wollogorang and he was home from boarding school... (R.I.P. Andrew) 

But can I remember the names of the boys who gave me these other badges??? No I cannot!   I know I knew boys from Shore, Manly, North Sydney, Knox and so on but Rose Bay???  I lived on the Northern Beaches when I was given this one, maybe I just found this one!    Sort of a bit sad really, I'd love to give these badges back to the givers  :-)

Anyway... long story but I wanted you to know that I do tidy up my Button Bowl every now and them  LOL!!!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?