Friday, March 28, 2014

 

Have you ever made an 'Impossible Pie'? I've heard of them over the years but never knew or was interested in what they were... until...

 I read this Kerry Greenwood book...

It was a gentle read, just what I need at the moment, and it's set in Queenscliff, Victoria (not NSW) and what it got me doing firstly was to enjoy a lovely long browse on Google Maps to visit the beaches,  lovely old shopping centre and to find out that the Islands offshore are really called Rabbit, Swan, Duck and Mud... that alone was enough to make me think I must visit one day. 

But... what it really got me doing was making the 'Impossible Pie' that was mentioned several times in the book and Kerry Greenwood even gave the reader the recipe in the back of the book! 

So I just had to give a go didn't it.

... and it is quite delicious, don't know if I will make it often but it's very good and very easy to make :-)

Oh alright...  don't nag...  here's the recipe...

Impossible Pie by Kerry Greenwood aka Phryne Fisher.
1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup caster sugar
3/4 desiccated coconut
4 eggs
vanilla
125g melted butter
1/2 cup flaked almonds (I didn't have flaked so used flaked coconut)
1 cup milk

Put flour, sugar, coconut, eggs, vanilla, butter and half the almonds into a blender and blend well, then add milk slowly. Pour into a well greased pie dish and sprinkle left over almonds or coconut over top.
Bake in 180 degree oven for about 35 mins

Labels:


Comments:
I have an Impossible Pie recipe given to me by my MIL but its savoury, some of the ingedients are egg, onion, tuna.
When Brad and Dean were are pre school (25 years ago!!!) the school had a recipe book fundraiser and Impossible Pie was one of my contributions.
KLM
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?