Sunday, March 30, 2014

 

A fascinating find and a bit of a mystery thanks to my cousin Andrew!

Just recently Andrew discovered a long ago connection with our family and his wife Monica's family so they visited the National Police Museum in Canberra and found the plaque dedicated to one of our Ancestors. (see above)

Now that got me going because I remembered I had an old silver tray which was given to me by Mama, our Grandmother, so I dug it out and photographed it to show Andrew.


 It had always looked like this, I thought it was just so old and worn it was what it did look like... I don't think I ever polished it nor had anyone else for that matter but then I wondered...

 ... so got out all my old, very old bottles of Silver polish... what a horrible job, this tray isn't easy to clean, so many intricate bits!


But..

 It came up a treat didn't it!

Now to the Mystery... Check out the details on the tray!

1. The Plaque in Canberra says 'Constable' this tray says 'Sub Inspector'.
2. The name of the Plaque is Samuel, this tray says William.
3. The date on the Plaque is 19th January 1903, the date on the tray at Retirement is 1896...
4. The Plaque says Auburn, the tray says Paddington, he would have moved around of course but why Auburn when he retired at Paddington? and the Plaque is dated after his retirement maybe dated the year of his death?

So Andrew 'please explain'   :-)


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?