Friday, January 24, 2014

 

Home at Last!

Last Friday David and I drove down to Canberra for a three day visit with Briony and Kate, we had a lovely time just catching up and pottering around even if the heat was unbearable at over 40c!!!   One of the places we visited was the Elvis Exhibition at the Portrait Gallery, this was lovely old black white photos taken of Elvis in 1956. 


Monday morning around 8:30am,  David and I were packing up our things at the Pavillion Hotel, where we'd enjoyed staying in a really good apartment... then... it's all downhill from there.......

Now here's the story...

I was fully dressed and collecting things from the bathroom, the bathroom floor was dry because we'd both showered that evening.  I stepped into the Shower Recess to collect my soap and container and as I stepped out of the shower my right leg slipped away from under me and straight out just like a practiced ballet danced can do...   Oh dear  oh deary me...

To cut a long story short, the ambulance arrived they cut off my trousers!!!!!  and took me to Canberra Hospital where I spent the rest of the day in Emergency with diagnosis of...

Broken Femur!
Then... Broken Knee!
Broken Hip!
Torn Tendons!

So after a night in E.M.U. many ex-rays, a CT Scan, a Ultra Sound, then a trip to the Ward... it turns out I have a torn Hamstring... which is so darn painful I just can't believe it.


I stood up on Wednesday and David drove me home yesterday... so onward and upwards to full recovery with the help from my new best friend... Endone!

Labels:


Comments:
Good to hear rat you are home. Trust the family is looking after you well.
 
Oh Pennie that's awful. Home your recovery is speedy. Regards Glynis
 
That's terrible Pennie ...... I'm so so sorry!!! Hope that you get adequate pain relief from the endep et al!! :-(

:-( sue :-(
 
Oh my dear, Pennie! I'm so, so sorry to learn about your accident! Heather W. sent me an email and mentioned it, so I had to come and check it out. You poor dear. I'm sure it's painful. Though I know about leg pain, from my recent procedures of having stents put in both legs, I can't imagine the kind of pain you're dealing with. Unfortunately, as I've learned, it takes time - and lots of patience - for everything to heal. I'm wishing you my best for a full recovery. Take care of yourself!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?