Thursday, November 28, 2013

 

Photo a Day Challenge - 28.11.2013 - I am grateful for...


I am grateful for many many many things but one I rarely mention but just love is... The abundance of wildlife we have on our little surburban block... not only do we get these magnificent King Parrots and these ancient Eastern Water Dragons, both of which I photographed in the last couple of days... we also get Whip Birds, Kookaburras, Tawny Frog Mouth, Lorrikeets, Native Myna's and all sorts of Parrots... although the Sulphur Crested Cockatoo needs a bit of discipline I have to add.

I hope we still have our beautiful Diamond Python, we haven't seen him for a very long time but I still haven't seen any Possum poo around so I'm thinking he may still be here. We rarely see the Bandicoots, but we know they have been visiting most nights because they dig around the garden and tennis court.  We hear but rarely see the Bats and the Frogs... I just love it! 
Wild male Eastern Water Dragon, Intellagama lesueurii lesueurii - See more at: http://australianmuseum.net.au/image/Male-Eastern-Water-Dragon#sthash.WXHC67QT.dpuf
Wild male Eastern Water Dragon, Intellagama lesueurii lesueurii, - See more at: http://australianmuseum.net.au/image/Male-Eastern-Water-Dragon#sthash.jEMa6wX6.dpuf
Wild male Eastern Water Dragon, Intellagama lesueurii lesueurii, - See more at: http://australianmuseum.net.au/image/Male-Eastern-Water-Dragon#sthash.jEMa6wX6.dpuf


Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?