Friday, October 25, 2013

 

Look what's happening to ... My Suburb.

 I got a shock yesterday when I drove right up my road to the Pacific Highway... this lovely old home with tennis court has been totally flattened and all gone and cleared away...

 She was such a large grand old home... now all gone   :-(

Not only has she gone but her neighbour on the left has also gone... why you ask?

 Now that I can see the size of this corner block I wonder if the house behind is still standing, I will have to check next time.

Why has this home and many other large homes in our suburb and adjoining suburbs been demolished...  Well see below...


 Mmmm... this is what they call progress... 

All up the Pacific Highway near us are many Unit Blocks very similar to these.

These Units would be an ideal place to live if you worked in the City, in the mornings you could walk down the hill to Pymble Station and in the evening you can go one stop further and walk home down the hill from Turramurra Station.  You'd have to love living on the Pacific Highway though...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?