Tuesday, July 30, 2013

 

I had to share these memories with you...

I've been posting some of my Great Aunt Cranky's postcards on the Blog I've set up for these 300 postcards received in the 1950/60's... and I came across this one, see below what I've posted.



Dear Pen,

     We have about 5 hours here, tried to get in touch with Tony (my uncle) but couldn't.  How did the Spook raising* go?

     Love Nan

* I was 16 years old now and getting into Seance's, I loved them as did my friends.  There are two I remember best, one was in 1961 when one of my friends asked who would win the Melbourne Cup.  I wasn't into Horse racing then or now really but I do remember Lord Fury was spelled out... how could we forget that Seance! Lord Fury did win but none of us were old enough or trusting enough to put money on him.  
The second was a couple of years later and I asked who I would marry, I was going out with a David Furley at the time... David was spelled out, then the glass went to the F but then went to the G, then the F and then the G and it seemed to be angry so I don't know if I was pushing it towards the F or not!  

I hadn't met David Griffiths then...  Spooky eh!   I haven't done a Seance since......  I wonder why  LOL



Where you ever into Seances????  

Labels:


Comments:
Seances are a right of passage for teenage girls, I think. lol Most of the ones we had (as teens) were duds, except for one where we asked a question and the glass started to move so we all let go. The glass shot off the board on its own which scared the daylights out of us. lol We did have a few in our early twenties (out of curiosity), which had some interesting results.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?