Saturday, June 29, 2013

 

Wet... Wet... WET...

 I've been meaning to take a photo of this pretty little bush for Gwilly, but it's been raining almost non stop for years and years now and I just didn't ... do today I said... Dang!  Rain isn't ever going to stop...  so take photo.  Gwilym gave it to me on Rosie's Birthday which was just lovely :-) and he told me where to plant it :-)   Thanks Gwillo, it looks so pretty doesn't it but I've lost it's card and I can't remember what it is now :-(

P.S.  Just found the tag... it's a Pieris, Temple Bells.  Snowy white bell shaped flowers in late Spring, new foliage is light green becoming reddish bronze and maturing to a deep emerald green... Wow!  That's one very busy little bush.

 With camera in pocket I walked out to pick up the paper and couldn't resist taking photo of our puddles... I love it when puddles form on our driveway,  little people love to splash in them and I love to drive through them.

David laid this brick driveway about 30 years ago, he ordered 4,000 old recycled bricks to start but didn't even get to the back door, then he ordered another 10,000 but still didn't make it out to the street and in the end I can't remember how many bricks he had to buy.

I used to love the way the bricks rattled as we drove down the drive but over the years it's settled down and doesn't rattle at all... but now I love the bumps and dips caused by tree roots or soft earth underneath.  When the driveway rattled we always knew when someone was coming, now we have no idea till they are upon us!

When we started talking about a driveway we threw about all sorts of ideas, bitumen, cement, gravel, paving and so on but in then end decided to use recycled bricks because we could always sell them if we were really broke!!  :-)  As if!


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?