Sunday, May 19, 2013

 

'She keeps a good Larder...' This is the sign of a good housewife so I was told MANY times by my old English friend Elsie Waugh!

 David's Aunt Pat judged a 'Good Housewife' by her flower arranging ... so I guess 'Keeping a good Larder' is preferable... and today I thought I'd try out Elsie's dictum!

Neill, one of my boyfriends, gave short notice that he would like to come up for Lunch so I ummed and ahhhed about what to rush out and buy but decided to see if I could find enough in my Larder, Fridge and Feeezer and here's what we enjoyed!

Homemade Gravlax Salmon from the fridge with some Philly cheese topped on some  stale Garlic, Olive Oil Sourdough bread from the larder freshened up in the toaster.  Yum!

 I just about emptied the vegetable crisper with what was left of the lettuce, carrot, cucumber, sugar peas, fennel and avocado.

 Forgot to take a photo of the Crash Hot Potatoes and all the Sausages from the Freezer but we enjoyed, Chicken, Corn and Chives - Chicken Chinese Ginger - Chicken Halloumi and Pumpkin - Irish Beef and Gourmet Chicken Sausages... most of which were gobbled up... then for Dessert.

 I'd already made some packet jelly... nowadays I make it using half the water suggested and get these lovely firm very tasty squares... threw in some yummy yoghurt and some fresh strawberries... and Yum diddy yum yum - yum yum!  I don't know if I would have impressed Elsie but I impressed myself and that's all that matters isn't it eh :-)

My Boyfriend Neill  :-) whom I've known for more than 47 years... there is something nice about having old friends like Neill... lots of lovely memories. 

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?