Saturday, March 23, 2013

 

Meet our baby Water Dragon...


I like to think I'm what's called, an 'Animal Lover', perhaps I should say I'm a 'Native Animal Lover',  I can't stand domesticated pets in my home but do love Native animals in my garden.  (when I was a kid our dogs and cats lived outside, not necessarily locked up,  doing untold damage to our wildlife I'm sure!)  

This baby Water Dragon is checking out our garden, isn't it the sweetest little thing, he waited until I went inside to get my camera then posed in several fashionable poses for me :-)  I chatted to him and he listened intently, what a precious pet to have... along with our Carpetbag Python, the beautiful Parrots and birds, the Bandicoots which admittedly bring grass ticks but they eat the bad bugs in the lawn for us, so we can live with the ticks.

 These Eastern Water Dragons feed on Ants... (we've been having a massive problem with ants lately so he is very very welcome!)  Spiders,  caterpillars and crickets (we have plenty of these).  But unfortunately they are prey for snakes,  (I hope our Python isn't hungry today)  Kookaburras, (we have heaps of those) and other carnivorous birds.

I hope I made him feel Welcome because I really want him to stay and bring the rest of his family as well please... these are my sorts of pets...  I don't have to pick up their poop, I don't have to take them to the Vet, I don't have to buy food for them.   You are very Welcome little Water Dragon  :-)





Labels:


Comments:
Lovely, aren't they Pennie? We had 2 or 3 visit regularly when we were at Sth Turra and had the pond :-)

Sue
 
Lucky you Sue, I hope this little fellow brings his friends :-)
 
Don't think he's a water dragon - maybe a different variety to those we have down here. I'll do some research.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?